Sunday, June 20, 2010




So this has been my latest project...... My greenhouse. I have been a woman possessed. As you can probably guess produce is pretty expensive up here. It takes a week ride on the barge and only comes once a week on Tuesdays... The quality is poor at best-
for the price we are asked to pay. I have been doing my share of research and have decided that I am going to grow my own veggies....... I found a great book by a guy from maine who gardens in his unheated greenhouse year round--- we may live in Alaska but because we are so far south we are quite moderate in temperature most of the year. So I think I can do this--- I expect this to take a feaw years to get it worked out but I am looking forward to the challenge. We have been building this out of pretty much scrape and left over materials from Travis's jobs... at the time this pic was taken we had spent 7$ on some liquid nails.... pretty resourceful eh? I have my greenhouse film ordered and am anxiously waiting for it to come in...... I will fill you in more later....... I must go-- the natives are restless and they arewanting to play some games before dessert.......

3 comments:

Colton said...

I didn't even know you lived in Alaska...but I don't pay much attention to anything. I hope your greenhouse works out! That will be super cool!

Heitmann Family said...

It looks awesome Sis. I can't wait to see pics of things growing in there!! I love the updates...keep them coming!! Love you!

Tripple family said...

I know Aimee.... it is about time- the internet is cooperating for now so between mommy chores I will post as much as I can for now-- they might not be in chronological order - but hey... beggars can't be choosers. And Colton-- I have been living in the Boise area for the past 16 years--- we just moved this spring.

Oh the hair!

Oh the hair!
this is our dear tivi.....look at the fro!!! the hair is a favorite :)